Contact UsSend your Message
“CHEESYLICIOUS” FISH & CHIPS
- 40 Minutes
- 1 Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2 Cut potatoes (unpeeled) into small cubes. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and toss the potato cubes together, then arrange on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and golden. Give the potatoes a quick toss halfway through roasting.
- 3 In the meantime, season white fish fillets with sea salt, pepper, the remaining garlic powder and paprika.
- 4 In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and Dijon.
- 5 Mix breadcrumbs with 4 tablespoons grated Gouda cheese on a flat plate.
- 6 Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and brush the paper with vegetable oil.
- 7 Use your hands to dip each fish fillet in the mayonnaise mix, then thoroughly coat it with the cheese-breadcrumbs mix. Arrange on the tray and repeat with the rest of the fish fillets.
- 8 Bake for 10 minutes, then carefully flip the fish and cook for another 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- 9 While the fish is cooking, sauté frozen peas for 10 minutes in butter.
- 10 In a separate pan, warm cream then add 4 tablespoons Maasdam grated cheese and whisk until cheese has melted. Add a pinch of black pepper.
- 11 To serve, plate up the fish, add peas and roasted potatoes on the side. Spoon some cheese sauce on the potatoes. Garnish with extra paprika and fresh parsley.
Feeling inspired? Here are some of our most beloved recipes.
Discover even more